Biome Flags, also known as Biome Enchantments, were introduced within the Evenstar update.
The builders could assign any number of such flags to their area, changing its properties. Almost every dungeon was set with the Protected flag, meaning modification through mining was impossible.
In the Nova update, 1% of all standard biomes were assigned one flag chosen at random.
The flags include but are not limited to:
- Protected -- blocks cannot be mined or placed
- Timewarp -- time moves faster or slower
- Magnetic -- metal items are heavier
- Spell Void -- magic-type abilities are much harder to use
- Umbral -- all sources of light are dampened
- Healing -- all living creatures within the biome heal much faster
- Brilliance -- all sources of light are increased; most undead are harmed
- Rust Field -- all metal items continually lose durability while in the biome
- Gravity Well -- gravity is increased; negative values are possible, increasing jump height
- Blight -- all living entities have a small chance of being afflicted with a debuff in any given second
- ??? -- unexplained phenomena occurs within the biome; this flag was thought to be a glitch